You may have noticed that a few of my recent posts reflected some frustration.
But I’ve kept up my habit of gratitude journaling, and I thought it might be nice at the end of every month this year to look back at what I was grateful for — small things, big things, seemingly inconsequential things. But each one made my days a little brighter.
(And frustrations aside, WOW has this year started better than last year ended.)
So, in no particular order, here are a few things I was grateful for in January:
- Laughed at Dave Barry’s year-end column (January 2)
- Crystal (my physical therapist) said I have the worst back she’s ever seen (January 5 — and this was a good thing because it gave me hope that my back will get better!)
- Finished Imperfect Birds and Medium Raw this week (January 12)
- Metro installed better farecard readers (January 13 — have you met me? I’m a bit impatient, and these new card readers speed up getting through the gates)
- Dad’s surgery went well (January 19)
- Found a spot in our parking lot after class and in the freezing cold (January 24)
Told ya, it can be the littlest things that make a difference…