The countdown is on.
No, not to the event you’re thinking of, though it was a wake-up call this week when my answer to “when are you due?” has been “in about three weeks.” As in, not even a month. As in, I don’t really even need to use the actual date in my answer. Crazy.
So, yeah, September’s going to be a big month in the Storybook Life household. But not only because the Player to be Named Later will be joining us (with any luck not before September starts, and not too long after his target arrival date of September 15, thankyouverymuch).
So even though I know I’ll be sleep deprived and wearing the same yoga pants day in and day out and may consider time to brush my teeth a luxury, I am really excited for a few other things (cue “September” by Earth, Wind and Fire here):
1. Labor Day weekend. Not only is it a long weekend, it’s the (mental) start to fall. It’s also the weekend that B and I got engaged, and for that reason, will always hold sentimental value for me. Assuming the full moon on August 31 doesn’t entice the Player to be Named Later to make an early appearance, I’m sure we’ll be watching Notting Hill that weekend just as we do every Labor Day weekend.
2. Anniversary #5. It’s hard to believe that it’s been five years since 09.08.07 at 6 p.m. It makes me a 10-5 wife: 10 years with B, five years married. Does that mean I get to approve any trade?
3. The release of Happier at Home. I’m under no delusion that I’ll be reading much beyond my US Weekly once the little guy arrives, but I may be able to sneak in a quick skim of Gretchen Rubin’s follow-up to The Happiness Project before he makes his appearance.
4. TV! I do foresee a fair amount of time parked in front of the tube in the coming months, so it’s good timing that a bunch of our favorite shows will either be returning or wrapping up in September. Weeds is ending, but has happily brought back its great theme song for its final season; Homeland will be back for Season 2 (you can see the captivating and creepy trailer here); and Treme will be back for Season 3. Oh, and Downton Abbey will be airing Season 3 in the U.K….which means we may just need to find some way to see it ahead of its January premiere in the U.S.
5. Football, football, football! The Pats will be back to redeem themselves (and to help us forget about the lost Sox season) on September 9. I’m pretty sure that my pregnancy-induced narcolepsy back at the beginning of February resulted in a weird dream where they went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Giants again, so I’m looking forward to erasing that nightmare from my memory. And eating a big batch of no-pudge-let’s-pretend-these-are-actual-fatty-brownies brownies. And maybe chasing the brownies with a bottle of good-for-milk-production beer.
All that, plus the promise of long-sleeved t-shirts (that I might actually fit into) AND a baby? Sounds like a pretty good month on tap. Adios, August. Bring on September!